Announcements and Important Events
The board tabled the decision on winter athletics until a decision was made about more students entering into a hybrid or in-person learning model. I was hoping that would have happened last night and they would have circled back and voted on moving forward with athletics. But instead, the board moved the discussion of hybrid/in-person learning to the committee level.
Based on what happened, here are some date updates:
- Tues 11/17 Curriculum and Evaluation Committee meeting to discuss hybrid/in-person learning
- Mon 11/30 Full Board of Education meeting – I am hoping the above topic and athletics will be brought to the full board for a vote
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Wed 12/02 Winter registration opens
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Thur 12/10 Impact testing
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Mon 12/14 Winter practices/tryouts will begin
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Thur 12/24-Sun 01/03 Athletic Shutdown
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Mon 01/04 practices resume
- TENTATIVE (pending Board approval) – Fri 01/15 first game
The NHIAA has delayed the start of the winter season until December 14 (1st day for practices/tryouts) with competition starting on January 11. Division 1 will not begin competition until at least January 15.
Registration will not open until the Nashua Board of Health and Board of Education approves (hopefully) South's participation in winter athletics.